It is important for everyone to make sure that they take care of their gums. When people think about oral health care, they often think about brushing and flossing their teeth. At the same time, in addition to taking care of teeth, it is important for everyone to take care of there as well. At Smile Emporium, we are a San Pedro dentist. As a dentist in San Pedro, it is our job to make sure that everyone knows how to properly take care of their mouth. This includes the gums. If your gums are receding, take a look at some of the information below and learn why!
What Are the Most Common Causes of Receding Gums?
There are several reasons why the gum line might start to recede. Some of the most common reasons include:
- There is an infection present that is causing the gums to retreat
- Some people might have a genetic condition that causes the gums to recede on their own
- Some individuals might be brushing too vigorously around the gum line, removing some of their gum tissue with every brush
- A condition called gingivitis can cause the gums to become inflamed, causing them to recede over time
These are just a few of the most common reasons why gums might start to recede. If people notice that their gums are starting to recede, then it is important to work with a trained or a health professional who can address this issue quickly, helping someone take care of their oral health.
The Common Signs and Symptoms of Receding Gums
There are a few common signs and symptoms that might indicate that someone’s gums are starting to recede. These include:
- Many people notice that their gums stop the bleed when they brush or floss even with light pressure
- Before the gums start to recede, many people noticed that they look puffier than usual
- Individuals feel like they can see more of the bottom of their teeth than they could before
- People often notice that their teeth are more sensitive to hot or cold liquids when the gums start to recede
These are just a few of the many ways that receding gums might present. The good news is that there are treatment options available for those who have this condition.
The Treatment of Receding Gums
If someone has noticed that their gums are starting to recede, the good news is that there are treatment options available. The main treatment option for receding gum lines is called scaling and root planing. During this procedure, the dentist is going to thoroughly clean the teeth first. This means removing plaque and tartar from the tooth and surfaces of the route. This treatment helps gum tissues heal gradually and reattach to the truth itself.
Once this is done, the dentist will complete the scaling and root planing. While this might take some time, this is the most effective way to deal with receding gum tissue. Once this procedure is finished, it is important for patients to make sure they brush and floss on a regular basis to take care of their gums.
Contact Smile Emporium To Learn More About Gum Health Today!
These are a few of the most important points that people should keep in mind when it comes to taking care of their gums. As a dentist in San Pedro, we are here to help everyone but their oral health needs. At Smile Emporium, we are a San Pedro dentist. We provide everyone with access to comprehensive oral health services ranging from pediatric services to orthodontic care. We know that everyone has questions and concerns and we are here to make sure that we answer them before we start any procedure. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you, please make an appointment with us today by calling 424-677-0434!